Monday, October 22, 2012

Mask Cat Coffee and Tea Restaurant


Wyatt and I had some time to kill before going to the museum, so when I saw this cafe beckoning me from across the street.... coffee AND cats, I thought sure! Why not? 

*Let me make this disclaimer to get it out of the way. This cafe most certainly is not everyone. Particularly not for those who allergic to cats. Or those who hate cats.....or have any remote hesitancy about  cats randomly sidling up to you. I'm not really sure what I was expecting to be quite honest. Throughout the duration of our visit I saw up to 3 cats on the benches ....and the table. I know what you're thinking, but from my first impression the place was clean- sans odor. The restaurant itself was dimly lit and not shockingly, there were cat drawings, mini pictures and cat paintings adorning white/red walls. I found the place intriguing and interesting (not interesting in a bad way).
The coffee? Did I mention they sell pots of coffee!! 70-200 nt for a pot! Mask Cat also offers single origin coffees( i.e.- ethiopia moca, brazil, gold mandheling, Ethiopia yirgacheffe) I went all "frou frou"(I know...another shock) and opted for the vanilla cappuccino for 130 nt. 
At the end of the day, I felt as if a write up was warranted.....If you are a cat lover this is certainly a cafe that is worth a try.

 


Address: No.64, Chang'an W. Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei City 103
Tel :02 -2550-0561
Holidays: Monthly last Monday
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11:00-22:00 / Saturday 11:00-23:00 / Sunday 11:00-20:00
(MRT Zhongshan Station)

Verdict? Hmmm.... Verdict is still out...I think I'd chill and stroll. 



No comments:

Post a Comment